Computers have so completely overwhelmed different spheres of life that it is virtually unthinkable to progress in academia, industry, trade and other occupations without at least the working knowledge of computer science. The fast track changes in the computer technology necessitate an up-to-date knowledge base and this need has been incorporated in formulating the syllabi of the Computer Sciences.
IAS is equipped with a state of the art Computer lab where every student has an independent approach to computers to assure hands-on training. The BSc (IT) Program have been blended with some subject of social sciences to ensure that the students have grounding in the cultural, anthropological , psychological and social issues that relate with the environment in which man comes in communication not with other human beings from various backgrounds and needs but also has an interface with machines.
The program starts with the very basics of computational theories and builds up to the level of most important technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Information Security and software risk management etc. Towards that end of the programs, the student stand equipped with the cutting edge tools of applied research and management of information technology.
BS-CS Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 50% Marks with following combination in Intermediate.
- F. Sc Pre Engineering/Pre Medical with Additional Mathematics.
- ICS/General Science with following combinations
- Mathematics, Statistics, Physics
- Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics
- Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics
- Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics
- A Levels Certificate same combinations as above.
- Equivalence Certification from IBCC.
- Other foreign qualifications are eligible only if an equivalence certificate is issued by IBCC
- DAE or other Diploma holders are not eligible for admission in BS(CS) program in GC University Lahore.
- I.Com/D.Com certified candidates are not eligible.
- Result Awaiting students who have appeared in 2017 can apply for Entry test.
- Please note that Online registration, Entry Test Slip and Entry Test result declaration does not mean that a candidates eligibility has been checked and he/she qualifies for admission.
- Eligibility will be determined by checking original documents, before admission. Admission shall be cancelled if a candidate submits wrong information, or shows fake documents.
BS-CS Merit Formula
Minimum 50% marks will be required in Intermediate Result. Admission will be based upon following Merit Formula, Intermediate marks: 60% weightage
- Entry test : 40% weightage
- Previous Year Merit was approximately 69.72% in last merit list.
- Example: Candidate Intermediate Marks=670, and Entry Test Marks=40
- Simplified Aggregate Formula: (Intermediate Marks x 3/55) + (Entry Test Marks x 0.8)
- Simplified Formula: Candidate Aggregate= (670 x 3/55) + (40 x 0.8) = 68.545454545455
- (Note: You will see an approximation on the basis of marks entered by yourself.
- Correct aggregate will be calculated after result verification from Board)
BS CS (Hons)
4 Years Programme (8 Semesters)
BS Computer Science Program
We are offering an exciting new portfolio of Undergraduate courses designed to ensure that our students have the knowledge and abilities that they will need for their future careers. BS (CS) Degree program is of 135 credit hours, and spread over 4 years with 2 Semesters in each year. The BS (CS) students are required to complete 135 credit hours followed by a thesis in last 4th year to complete the BS(CS) degree. Courses
BS Computer Science Program
We are offering an exciting new portfolio of Undergraduate courses designed to ensure that our students have the knowledge and abilities that they will need for their future careers. BS (CS) Degree program is of 135 credit hours, and spread over 4 years with 2 Semesters in each year. The BS (CS) students are required to complete 135 credit hours followed by a thesis in last 4th year to complete the BS(CS) degree.
|#||Subject||Course Code||Credit Hour|
|1||Introduction to Computing||CS-1101||3 (2+1)|
|3||Calculus and Analytical Geometry||CS MATH-2201||3|
|4||English Composition and Comprehension||CS ENG-1101||3|
|5||Islamic Studies and Pakistan Studies||CS ISL Pk -2101||3|
|6||Programing Fundamentals||CS-1225||4 (3+1)|
|7||Digital Logic Design||CS-2033||3|
|8||Linear Algebra||CS MATH-2101||3|
|9||Communication Skills||CS ENG-1201||3|
|10||Probabailty and Statistics||CS STAT -1101||3|
|11||Object Oriented Programming||CS-1201||4 (3+1)|
|14||Multivariate Calculus||CS MATH-3101||3|
|16||Data Structures and Algorithms||CS-2101||4 (3+1)|
|17||Microprocessor and Assembly Language||CS-2207||4 (3+1)|
|19||Logical paradigms in Computing||CS-2208||3|
|20||Differential Equations||CS MATH -3201||3|
|21||Database Systems||CS-2014||3 (2+1)|
|22||Design and Analysis of Algorithms||CS-3108||3|
|23||Data Communication and Networks||CS-3106||3|
|24||Theory of Automata||CS– 2044||3|
|26||Professional Practices||HM – 3123||3|
|27||Operating Systems||CS-2205||3 (2+1)|
|29||Artifical Intelligence and Neural Networks||CS-3102||3|
|31||Foreign Language (French)||CS-4105||3|
|32||Object Oriented Analysis and Design||CS-4108||3|
|33||Human Computer Interaction||CS-4122||3|
|35||Computer Science Elective-I||NA||3|
|36||Computer Science Elective-II||NA||3|
|38||Information Security||CS – 4215||3|
|40||Intellectual Property Rights and Cyber Law||CS-4217||3|
|41||Computer Science Elective-III||NA||3|
|42||Computer Science Elective-IV||NA||3|
Total Semester: 8
Total Subjects: 43
Total Credit Hours: 133
|Total Marks||Mid Term Marks||Sessional Marks||Final Exam Marks|
Note: Department has right to change, withdraw, and swap any of the Elective course anytime without prior notice.